Welcome to the new Ilona Slow Life Creations website. I decided to clear this website and make a fresh start. If not, why not? Sometimes a fresh start is all we need to get going again, and for me, that certainly is true.
So, what is different?
- The website looks a whole lot better. It is now more modern and will be enjoyable regardless of the device you use to access it.
- All my patterns have been added to the online shop here so that South African crafters can buy the patterns in ZAR instead of paying dollars on Ravelry. Here at the south end of Africa, exchange rates are not exactly in our favour. My patterns will still be published to Ravelry for those crafters who prefer buying there.
- For the international crafters, you are obviously most welcome to purchase patterns here. However, there isn’t a currency switcher, so your purchase will be in ZAR. For your convenience, I added an exchange rate widget so that you have an idea of the cost. It is in your favour all the way, don’t worry.
- I removed a lot of the old tutorials as I would like to rework and then republish them. That is however going to take some time!
- I have quite a few patterns lined up that will be available for free. These will be released as I find time to make the items. Some have been published before, but the photo quality was terrible. In order to improve that, I have to remake the items. That will obviously also take a bit of time.
- I am not going to be the solo blogger on this website. I have invited some cool crafters to join me and share their stories with you. Some of them are podcasters, so you might just find a new podcast to follow!
- We are going to have a newsletter again! Use the widget on the right and sign up! That will ensure you don’t miss out on any new content. I won’t flood your inbox, I promise. The newsletter will be released at the most, twice a month.
Remember, you always have a choice. If you are not happy with your craft, figure out why, and fix it. If the people around you are toxic, you are in the wrong tribe. Find a new one. If the people sitting in your social craft circle are negative, find a new social circle. Change is good! Change is necessary! You can’t change where you’ve been, but you can most certainly change where you are going.