The shawl measures:
- 3 m from side to side at the top edge
- 1.5 m deep from the centre of the top to the point at the bottom
The ideal yarn for this project is something that will result in a nice drape. The sample is made in Aymara Lindo, which is a sock weight yarn at 300m / 100g. The composition of the yarn is 40% Superfine Alpaca, 40% Superfine Merino and 20% Bamboo. The Bamboo and Alpaca content is what gives this shawl the beautiful drape.
- 264 g in colour 1, about 792 m of the stone colour in the sample
- 226 g in colour 2, about 678 m of the dark charcoal in the sample
- 256 in colour 3, about 768 m of the mustard yellow in the sample
- 4.5 mm crochet hook
As individual tension plays a huge part, I recommend that you have 300 g / 900 m of each colour available.