This CAL consists of 12 block designs. Each design is used three times, resulting in 36 blocks.
- For a small afghan: join the blocks 6×6.
- For a runner: join the blocks 12×3.
- For a shawl: join the blocks 9×4.
The official yarn for this project is MoYa DK Cotton.
Kits are available from Afrique Yarns.
Each kit consists of:
- 18x 50g balls i the main colour
- 2x 50g balls in each of the six contrast colours – 12 balls.
If you choose not to use the official yarn, you will have to calculate how much yarn you will need, by making a test block, and then weigh, measure and calculate.
Avoid the following yarns:
- Anything textured – you need a SMOOTH yarn;
- Anything with a tendency to split – you need a high twist yarn;
- Anything variegated – you need solid colours, in strong contrast to one another;
- Anything thicker than DK – it will be too heavy.
I used a 4mm and 4.5mm hook. The only way you will be able to determine your hook size for this project, is to swatch. If you are going to use a kit, you HAVE to swatch. Otherwise you might not have enough yarn in your kit.