The official yarn for this CKAL is MoYa Shimmer, a 50/50 blend of Cotton and Bamboo.
Kits are available from Afrique Yarns.
Each kit consists of 26 balls of 50g each.
- Colour 1 – Natural – 4 balls
- Colour 2 – Light Grey – 4 balls
- Colour 3 – Dark Grey – 6 balls
- Colour 4 – Light Pop Colour – 4 balls
- Colour 5 – Medium Pop Colour – 4 balls
- Colour 6 – Dark Pop Colour – 4 balls
Should you choose to use another type of yarn, it is imperative that you use the same yarn throughout the project. Different yarns will results in different sized blocks and the joining at the end will be compromised then.
For the knitting part you will need the following items:
- 3.5 mm knitting pins to cast on and knit with
- 5.0 mm knitting pin to bind off with
- closed stitch markers suitable to knit with
- wool needle (big eye, blunt point)
For the crochet part, you will need the following items:
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
- 4.5 mm crochet hook
- open stitch markers suitable to crochet with
- chenille needle (big eye, sharp point)
For both knitting and crochet you also need:
- a blocking mat of some sorts
- sewing pins or blocking pins
- measuring tape
- row counter – there are some nice apps you can use for this purpose
As always, I am ready to assist you! Join one of my Facebook groups for support and company!
There will be a tutorial video for each and every block. These videos are on Patreon and the subscription will cost you $3 each month. How long you stay there is entirely up to you! Click the link above and join my Patreon if you need video tutorials. The tier you are looking for is named Let’s Learn!